We live in a world where every single day of survival is a threat but for children it is the worst nightmare. Let’s take some time from our busy lives to have a bit of reality check. Seriously kids?!? But all we do is just sit back weep, read & watch the daily flash news- “8 year old girl RAPED & MURDERED”. It scares the shit out of me when I come across such events-
-50 year old distant relative mutilates a 10 year old girl’s body by inserting wooden object in her private part.
– 15 year old girl found to be dead after being raped by more than two men in her neighborhood. She was left dying with her liver ruptured and cuts all over her lips, chest and body.
This doesn’t end here even infants not more than 12 months are being raped gruesomely and thrown out in dump yards. But what do these sadistic morons get out of this? The pleasure of satisfying their filthy lusts? Or is it the uncontrollable urge of not being able to hold back their rotten tools? The saddest irony of being born as a human!
Several reports says that, ‘1 girl child out of 5 and 1 boy child out of 10 are being physical and sexually assaulted’. But how can someone even think of doing such a cruel deed to an innocent child? Can you imagine yourselves being a child sexual abuse (CSA) victim? Can you at least think of how much a mental trauma it is for a child to undergo such emotional imbalance? I just pray it is not your nor mine nor anyone else’s child next!
So parents and to-be parents it’s high time for you to educate your children/ younger siblings/ little cousins about sex. I know it might sound weird, because talking about sex, how to- be and not- to- be touched to your inquisitive kids is not a cake walk. It all starts with their most curious questions, “Where did I come from?”, “Why does my urinal part differ from my baby brother’s?”, “How and why does it feel good when I touch it?”. I bet children are better interrogators than adults.
All you’ve to do is talk to them and bring to them the concept of child birth in casual way according to their age. You can’t talk about the concept of sexual intercourse to your 3 year old one but shall delicately elaborate it to your 14 year old girl/boy. Of course sex education is not mean only for your girl child. It is very much important to talk to your boys as well.
It is totally natural when you find your kids touch themselves. It is the harmones that make them do it and not because they’re exposed or addicted to pornographic contents. I totally see that you’re freaking out after reading this but please don’t! Children today keep evolving with the growing technology. If you feel proud about boasting your child’s skills on using brand new gadgets, his/her ability to use internet and surf through Google & YouTube, then you should also be mentally ready to handle them when they go wrong or out of your clenches. Children today are unaware of what is ethically right and wrong because they just follow what they see and hear.
Souls that are meant to smile and play,
Fell in the clench of evil prey,
Snatched from her tiny hands her favorite toy,
Stuffed the moron with his filthy boy,
Unaware of why it is happening to her,
Left the with no strength but to surrender,
Pushed and shoved the moron deeper,
Slowly died the clueless soul in her.
It is solely your duty to throw light on what is good for them. So here is something important you should share and talk to your children about-
– Talk to them about their daily activities in school. This is the best way to monitor your child’s routine.
– Do not change your child’s clothes in front of a third person.
– Never encourage your child talk to strangers in malls, shops, airports and especially in trains without your consent.
– Develop in them the habit of not consuming any food items from an unknown person.
– Create a secret password that you and your child shall use it as a token of trust in case of emergency.
– It is always better for the couple to stay intimately away in front of their children. You never know your child may infer such physical closeness to be casual.
– Talk to your child about touches. Obviously you might have read a million of articles on it. Still reinforce on where it safe to be touched. For an instance say, ‘Parts that are covered by clothes should never be allowed by anyone to be seen nor touched except the first family’. This might not further develop your kid’s curiosity, instead of just saying ‘Don’t let anyone touch you’.
– Ensure if you are around your child during their tuition classes, sports coaching sessions, music, karate, swimming or dance classes. Obviously no other job should be your criteria than their safety.
– Make sure to create a friendly rapport with your kid and put them at ease with you. This will build in them the confidence to share their stuffs with you.
– Assure your kids initially that ‘ You are there with them throughout and it is not their fault if they’re mentally or physically bullied in school.’
– The most important thing- ‘ Never ever freak out or exhibit your insecurities in front of your kid. This will completely ruin their mental health.’
At the end of the day they are just innocent souls and it is not late to do something, instead of never doing it. So let’s take things a bit more serious in the place of weeping on something that is long gone. And all you’ve to do is break the taboo of not talking about “SEX” to your child and promise to them their safety and smile.
For a better child safety,